Wednesday, May 03, 2017

An ode to Pineapple on Pizza

We live in troubled times, today
One cannot freely be Lesbian, bisexual, or gay
Freedom of speech has no place
Yet today, I am here to talk about a bigger case

Because of Swiggy and Zomato, we are all foodies at heart
Gourmet opinions, everybody likes to impart
So controversy is always around the corner
And this opinion is going to be a s**t stormer

You can keep your fancy, so called, Neapolitans
And dump your wood fired nonsense in the bins
What's all this fuss about this thing called truffle?
Yet, it's time to talk about the brilliant pineapple

Sweet and tangy, it's a delight
Dont agree with me, well it's time to fight
It goes perfectly with cheese and a good sauce
If you dont like it, it is definitely your loss

If you enjoy your pizza with paneer
You dont get to go puritan on me
Just try the pinapple and jalapeno pairing
When done right, it makes your tastebuds sing

I'll agree that corn is not a good topping
It's just weird and deserves a menu dropping
But baked pineapple, holy Cow!
Also, Veg biryani is more than just pulao
(This is another controversial opinion, dont lynch me for it - just eat your dead animals with rice and let me be because it was used for rhyming purposes and I dont care much for it - apologies)

Now, if you dont agree with me on this bit
I genuinely do not give a sh*t
Yet, dont come bawling with your opinion at me
Because pineapple on pizza is my ecstasy

I'll fight to death about this belief
I will fight through blood, sweat, and grief
Because pineapple on pizza is a movement for the truth
And the one that doesnt like it is uncouth
(I meant to end it with a different word - a well known hindi insult but I am better than that. My pineappley values and virtues will not allow me to)

No comments: